Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sit-ups, but NO Burpees - 45 days left

I literally laid in my bed this morning until 9:39 debating to either go to CrossFit today at 10:00 or just skip it.  I am still not feeling 100% and I feel that I have about 14,000 things that I need to complete before I go on my trip next Tuesday.  Yet since I won't have the same caliber of a workout while I am in Georgia, I knew that I need to be tough and go anyway.

I love the teaching style of the trainer on Saturday's.  She is fantastic!  Always encouraging and never doubting that I can't make it through all of the rounds.  I feel that I do better knowing that she expects me to be great instead of seeing me as someone who has a long road in front of her.  When I had to take a breather today toward the end of class in order to continue the kicks to the punching bag I said, "I am not quitting.  I just need a minute."  Her response, "I know".  The other girls on my team today also treated me as equal to their ability (even though I am not) and so I am encouraged when we are all working toward the common goal of the most cumulative reps in a 15 minute period.

Our WOD (workout of the day):

  • one team member runs for 100 meters - as this team member runs the other team members do one of the following counting each rep, after the 100 meters is completed we switch.  This goes on for 15 minutes.
  1. Sit-ups
  2. Medicine Ball Cleans
  3. Thrusters with a 45 lb bar
I am not sure what our final count was for anything other than the sit-ups because I both started and ended with that set with a total of 309.  I am happy to say that I know I contributed to at least 60 of those, which I was quite proud of considering this is only the second full week of full sit-ups for me.  I am also quite happy that I didn't feel like I was going to drop dead once we were through.

I have also been thinking about something else these past few days, which is probably why I wasn't in the "depths of despair", as Anne of Green Gables would say, after my zero pounds of weight loss this week.  I have lost 20 lbs in a little over 2 months.  My body is feeling different faster in these last few weeks than it did when I first started working out which gives me the impression that my weight loss will pick up here before too long.  However, even if it doesn't, at the rate I am going right now, I will have lost right around 100 lbs by May of next year if I don't quit.

Thinking on this fact alone somehow makes my goal a little more doable than it was when I first started.  I can actually see myself being thin now and not feel like it is something I am striving for, but will never achieve.  And each day that I think about this, it makes me more confident in what I am doing.  What a great feeling!!  I don't think I have ever been at this place before with all of my other weight loss endeavors.  I am hoping that this, along with persistence, will be the key to my success this go around.  But even if I find that this in particular is not the "answer" to all of my weight loss woes of the past, I will continue to do my very best.  I feel so very good compared to how I did when I first started it is literally like night and day.  I think now I would find it hard to quit knowing I feel this good with only 20 lbs marked off the list so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment