Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Final Countdown - 70 days left

Mistakes.  We have all made them.  Some are worse than others.  And some can be forgiven and forgotten sooner than later.  Today I realized a very important mistake I have made since I started my journey of a healthier lifestyle almost seven weeks ago.  After dismal weight loss in the first four weeks of my new life, I found when I mentioned my blog to others, I would then follow it up with, "but I know that I am not going to make my goal now".  In fact, I even felt a little embarrassed by the name.  I didn't want to people to look at me funny or say something negative or walk away thinking, "Yea right.  She is NEVER going to achieve that.".  So I made excuses for the bold name that I had given my blog and the very aggressive goal that I set, which in turn caused me to believe that I am really not going to achieve this at all.

Today I have officially called an end to that.  No more will I say that I know that I can't achieve it or there isn't enough time left or make any more excuses about why it can't be done.  I will have my expected end.  I expect great things!  And I expect to have success and lose 100 lbs in 118 days.

Speaking of the almighty pound, tomorrow is once again "Weigh Day".  My anxiety level this week has not been as great as it has approached as in the past.  Yet I still get songs stuck in my head like "The Final Countdown".  You remember that song from 1986 don't you?  I thought it was great musically.  However, the lyrics left something to be desired as it was rather weird and when they sang the words "it's the final countdown" it sounded as though tragedy was just around the corner.  However, whatever the scale says back to me tomorrow will not be a tragedy.  It will be good and I will be happy because I continue to move toward my ultimate goal.

What also makes me happy is that people are starting to SEE my progress.  One of the guys at crossfit who was on vacation all of last week told me he could tell that I had taken off some pounds since I started.  The trainer also told me today that he noticed that my posture was a lot better than it had been in the beginning.  (My mother and Amy Vanderbilt would be so proud.)  My friend at church saw me Sunday and said I looked "more fit".  Encouragement like this makes me feel even more empowered to keep fighting and continue to Run to Win!  Support of that nature helps me to face "The Final Countdown".

Hebrews 11:1 (New American Standard Bible) - Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.


2 comments:

  1. Karen,

    You are the sum total of your thoughts. Own that victory. Hebrews 11:1! And it is true. You are an inspiration to us all:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Paje! Thank you for cheering me on.

    ReplyDelete