Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I Have Lost the Weight of My Baby - 55 days left

Well folks, when I got on the scale this morning, I was very HAPPY to see a weight loss this week of five pounds.  Woo Hoo!!!!  FINALLY!!!  I must say that I would have been happy at this point to just see a loss of more than one pound.  However, five was fantastic.  That brings my total weight loss to 20 lbs, which happens to be how much my one year old currently weighs.  So I guess I could say, "I have lost my baby!!".  Now if I need a reminder of exactly what I have lost, I can just pick her up.


After the scale, it was off to crossfit as usual.  After doing three rounds of 50 squats holding a 45 lb bar with 400 meters on the rowing machine between each set, I can pretty much say, "I am squatted out".  I am hoping that in my kickboxing class tonight will not include those.  Yet whatever lies in store for me there, I know that there will be much sweating since it is currently 97 degrees in Minneapolis.


A few weeks ago I had mentioned a "new challenge" that I had learned about that I was going to do in addition to running the 5K with my friend, Julie.  More details have come out about it now, so I wanted to take some time to talk about it tonight.  Even though it is still about seven weeks away, it is never too early to start getting ready.


The crossfit challenge is called "Fight Gone Bad 6".  It is 17 minutes long and one of crossfit’s most grueling workouts.  This challenge will take place on Saturday, September 17 and will be in support of the Special Operations Warrior Foundation!  The Special Operations Warrior Foundation provides full scholarship grants, education and family counseling to the surviving children of military special operations personnel who gave their lives in operational or training missions.  Special Operations Warrior Foundation  also supplies immediate financial assistance to the severely wounded special operations personnel and their families. The sacrifices made by the men and woman of Special Ops often go unnoticed due to the nature of their business.  I have placed a link below of a testimonial regarding this foundation.


If you would like me to support me in the challenge with proceeds going to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, please make checks out to: CrossFit TC.  You can mail the check directly to me to add to my donation sheet at: PO Box 1701, Maple Grove, MN 55311.  I know this will be a huge challenge for me, but I know that I can achieve it, plus I get to support our military families at the same time.  Thank you for consideration in supporting this great event!

Fight Gone Bad 6 - CrossFit Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment