Saturday, June 11, 2011

Get Back Up - 94 days left

I have been sitting here for no less than 45 minutes thinking on what to share for today and the repeating theme in my head is "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all".  I know that phrase is referring to what one has to say about others, but it seems rather fitting for my day today as well.  I have nothing nice to say about it.

My Friday night was an extremely late evening which caused me to sleep until very late this morning.  Sleeping late this morning caused me to fall behind in what I needed to accomplish.  Falling behind in what I needed to accomplish caused elevated stress.  Trying to get away from the elevated stress led me to facebook.  Getting on facebook caused me to find out some information that I would have rather not heard and placed me in a moral dilemma.  Being in a moral dilemma compounded my stress level even more and led me to the chocolate chip cookies that I had not even cared about at all since I bought them this morning.  And since I am an emotional eater, I was toast and couldn't overcome the temptation to not eat two of them.  That, of course, even sent me into an even bigger emotional spiral since I had been free from chocolate cookies for 24 days.  Finally, after three hours of pouting, I find myself here in front of my computer with nothing nice to say.

And why do I have nothing nice to say?  Because I did not complete my goal that I had set before me today.  There was no exercise with my new Jillian Michael's as I planned.  There was good eating, but then I let my emotions take over like some kind of Jedi force from Obi-Wan Kenobi waving his hand and saying, "You will eat two cookies".  And now I feel like my last three weeks can been summed up in the thirty second Wide World of Sports intro from my youth, "The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat" and the skier falls of the end of the ski jump in ruin.

Yes, I know this is a little exaggeration because there have been MANY accomplishments over the last 24 days.  And I have never been faulted as one who is not dramatic enough about my circumstances.  However, my day was not what I had expected, as many days can be, and this one in particular seemed to have spun out of control.  So at times like these in order to get myself back on track and out of the doldrums, I like to hear a song that will help lift me up.  Toby Mac's song, "Get Back Up" always does that for me.  I maybe knocked down, but not out forever!!!  I will get back up again tonight and shine again tomorrow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX5OqyBYKh4

No comments:

Post a Comment