Saturday, June 18, 2011

Almost Famous - 87 days left

Today I decided to watch one of my most favorite movies of all time, Sleepless in Seattle.  Even though I have seen it about three hundred times, it never gets old.  One of my most beloved lines is when Becky says to Annie, "you want to be in love in a movie".  While watching today, I realized how that is so very true for me, only not concerning love, but weight loss.  I want to lose weight in a movie.  Then there would just be a fifteen minute or so segment showing me working out really hard and eating right and then voila!  I would be the perfect form of a woman with a body like Jennifer Lopez or Kim Kardashian.

Unfortunately, life if not a movie.  Folks can't watch me transform in an hour and a half into a thin, healthy version of myself.  I have to work at it everyday.  I have to watch what I eat everyday.  I have to workout six out of seven days.  And many days, quite honestly, I don't like it very much.

Today was one of those days for me.  I hated being "healthy"today.  I wanted to eat whatever I wanted today.  And since I couldn't, I was not very pleasant to be around.  It was as though I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and stayed on that side ALL DAY!  I wanted another piece of that yummy birthday cake I made for my little girl a couple days ago.  Boy, was it good!!  I managed to control myself, but only because I knew if I ate it I would have to tell you about it tonight.  Surprise!  Surprise!  I didn't eat it!  However, not for me.  For you!

I feel as though I am on the emotional roller coaster of eating.  One day, I am great!  The next day, I am dreadful to be around.  One day I feel as though I have conquered my sugar temptations and cravings and will have them no more.  The next day, I feel like I need a locked cabinet to hold all of the sugary foods that only my husband has the key too.  Why can't this be easier?  The fast food that helped get me here only took about five minutes to make.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if it only took five minutes to lose all of the calories that was in that fast food?  Why can't my weight loss journey be the two hour Lifetime movie of the week and then I am done being tortured?  And why are lives were not designed to turn around in two hours even though it took me 38 years to get here?

While it would be great if one day I am famous enough for my life to be made into a movie, what happens in that movie would be over the course of months and years and not just a couple of hours.  So I will wake up tomorrow with the same determination that I had today to eat right and be healthy.  Hopefully, I will do it in a better mood than I was in today.  But no matter what, I keep pressing ahead so one day I will have that perfect woman body like JLo or Kim K.  And on that day, someone will type, "One day I want to have that perfect woman body like Karen True".

No comments:

Post a Comment