Friday, June 3, 2011

Can You Hear the Buzz? -102 days left

As I sit here this evening, I have a fly buzzing around my head every minute or two.  I swat at it and miss.  After it flies by, I don't see where it goes to until it decides to make another pass beside my head.  Annoying.  Buzz.  Buzz.  Buzz.  Buzz.  Buzz.  Similar to how I feel about my progress today concerning my weight loss.  Annoying.  Always there, thoughts buzzing in my head about it, but very slow progress.  Yeah, for three pounds of weight loss each week.  However, I feel like it should be more.  I'm not just eating much better and cutting out ALL of the junk.  I am also exercising my butt off.  Literally!!  Yet instead of the song "We are the Champions" playing in my head today, it was "Baby's Got Back".  And far too much back at that.  Why can't I just smash all of these annoying thoughts just as I would like to smash the buzzing fly?

To add to my aggravation, I had to switch out my cardio workout today.  My Biggest Loser 30 Day Jump Start video was due back at the library with no renewals, so I picked up The Firm Boost Your Metabolism and a Jillian Michaels Fat Blast video.  Eight minutes into The Firm video, I turned it off because for me it was more like The Stand.  Why?  Because all I was doing was standing there watching the video.  When they were talking about boosting someones metabolism, they must have meant people who have already been working out for the last 10 years of their life because the workout combination was so very difficult, I couldn't keep up.  Since the image of Jillian Michaels from yesterday had somewhat diminished (you know when I was lying on the floor, gasping for air), I decided to give her video a shot.  And to give you even more of an indication of how difficult The Firm was, Jillian Michaels video was actually easier, but still a challenging workout.

So I guess that today will go down as one of those days that, while it is good to have a strong will to do something, it is even better to have commitment.  The strong will may waiver at times, but commitment is what will get me through the rough patches.  I guess that is why I have heard motivational speakers say that you should write out what you want to do on a piece of paper and sign it.  It mentally solidifies what you are looking to accomplish.  Writing this blog has helped me to do that.  I am committed to do my very best everyday and write about it each night because I made a written agreement with myself.  I know it sounds silly, but it has been proven to work with setting all types of goals.  So no matter how many thoughts may buzz around me, I committed.  If I'm committed, I won't quit.  And as my pastor reminds me often, "If I don't quit, I win!".

2 comments: