Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Box of Chocolates - 83 days left

I have made it to the two's.  The two hundreds that is.  Four more pounds this week for a total weight loss of 12 lbs!!  When I saw that four pounds lost, I shouted so loud with enthusiasm that I am surprised that I didn't wake my baby.  So as you can guess, I am very happy with my results this week and even more thrilled that I will NEVER be in the 300's again!

My workout at crossfit today was also very rewarding.  Today we were split into teams.  When I first realized that we were doing this, I honestly wasn't really happy about it.  Since I am usually at the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to speed of getting through the circuit, I was very concerned about what the person I was partnered with would feel.  Then as another twist, we didn't get to pick our own partner.  Our instructor assigned  the teams for us.  Now I was really worried because if we had a choice, at least I could go with the other guy that usually goes about the same pace as I do.  Instead, I was placed with one of the fastest girls in the class.  Fortunately, she is very nice and didn't seem put off that I was her teammate for the day.

Our circuit for the day consisted of three rounds of 300 times jumping rope (of course, this was modified for me).  While one person was doing that, the other person was on the rowing machine.  Then we would switch.  After the first round, there was a three minute break and after the second round a two minute break.  My teammate and I came in 2nd!  It is fun to be teamed up with excellent people.  She was also very gracious to me at the end and told me that we made a good team.

Finally, a great week of weight loss!  The kind of week I have been looking for since I started five weeks ago.  I feel that my journey so far can be summed up in Forest Gump's description of life, "Life is like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're going to get."  Each week I have stepped on that scale, I haven't known what I would get.  However, just like a box of chocolates, sometimes you pull out the really yummy filled pieces and other times you pull out the pieces that make you shudder and think "seriously?".  This week was a really yummy piece.  I am hoping that I get a yummy piece next week too.  Happily, the box of chocolates usually has more yummy pieces in it than the other kind.   So the next time I get a dud, I can remember another good piece is right around the corner.

Philippians 1:6 New American Standard Bible - For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment