Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Gap - 26 days left

When I was in 7th and 8th grade, I remember watching The Cosby Show every Thursday night with my mom and dad.  It was such a great family show and so many of the issues the characters Denise and Theo faced were situations that I could very much relate to as a preteen, even though Vanessa was technically more my age on the show.

I remember an episode in particular in which Denise got her drivers license (Denise Drives).  Although I was not sixteen at the time, I imagined that my excitement level would be similar to her's when I did.  She proudly walked into her home and starts singing, "I got my license.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!".

While I am no longer sixteen and have now had my license for a very long time, the emotion Denise emulated on that show was very similar to the emotion I felt and displayed this morning as I stepped on the scale.  I know.  I know.  Yesterday at the end of my post I vowed to not let the scale move me as I read the number staring back at me.  Well, that was before I saw that I had lost 4 more pounds!!!

Since it is my first week back from vacation and I have only made it to CrossFit three times prior to today, I had actually anticipated that I would gain a pound or stay the same this week.  However, four pounds puts this up there as one of my very best weeks!  This also now brings my total to 26 pounds of weight gone since May 18.  That averages to losing three years worth of weight gain that has occured throughout my marriage.  I also have not literally weighed below 283 since I was pregnant with my three year old.

And while I know I shouldn't be moved by what I see, this did move me back to a place of "I can" after all of the "I quit" moments I thought yesterday.   I know I have got this and I can do it!  One of my fellow CrossFitters yesterday called me "Karen the Incredible".  Today I actually feel it.

Thank you all for your great words of support and all of your prayers that I needed so very badly yesterday.  As I said Monday, my friends and family have helped me to succeed on this journey, not just hard work and determination alone.  Those were not just empty words, but something I know more and more with each passing day.  Thank you for being my someone's to stand in the gap for me!!
Ezekiel 22:30 (New International Version) - “I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it..."


WOD (Workout of the Day)
Three Rounds

  • 1 minute ring pull-ups
  • 1 minute ring dips
  • 1 minute ring rows
  • 1 minute ring push-ups
  • 1 minute rest

No comments:

Post a Comment