Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thank you Rob - 25 days left

I remember as a student in college watching Sleepless in Seattle for the first time and the two main characters, Annie and Becky, talking about the long distance commercials that brought tears to their eyes each time they watched.  At the time, in all of my vast wisdom at 19 years of age, I thought, "Who does that?  What is wrong with them?".  Ironically, I am now that person.

For those who know me, being quite emotional at times is no secret.  The older I get and the more children I have, it seems as though my level emotion rises every few years.   So today as I said goodbye to my trainer, Rob, who is leaving to join the Marines, I was not surprised as I began to tear up telling him how much I appreciated all he had helped me with over the last several months.  However, I didn't want to freak him out either, so I quickly made my exit before I had full blown tears rolling down my face and went to my van.

People like Rob are such a blessing to have around no matter what area of life one may be working on or what challenges may lie ahead.  When I started CrossFit a little over two months ago weighing in at a little over 300 lbs, he didn't look at me like "What on earth are you doing here?", but instead cheered me on with each accomplishment I had, no matter if it were great or small.  Most every week, including today, he came up with ideas on how I could challenge myself more in my workout without taking it to the extreme that would cause me to fail.  And those times that I did feel like a big, fat failure he assured me that I wasn't and reminded me of how very far I had come in just a short time.  Wouldn't it be nice if everyone could be like that?

So tonight, I write me blog in honor of my trainer, Rob, and say "thank you" for the difference you have made in my life.  You are the kind of leader everyone needs, but few can find.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 (The Message) - So speak encouraging words to one another.  Build up hope so you'll all be together in this, no one left out, no one left behind.  I know you're already doing this; just keep on doing it.


WOD (Workout of the Day)
As Many Rounds as Possible in 20 mins

  • 15 box jumps
  • 30 kettle bell swings
  • 45 double unders (jump rope twice under w/ each jump)

No comments:

Post a Comment