Saturday, August 13, 2011

Instead of Watching the Vikings Game, You Should be Reading This - 30 days left

I am back.  Finally!!!  It feels as though I have not written my blog in over a month and not just the past thirteen days, while I took a break for vacation.  As Ramona Singer from the The Real Housewives of New York City would say, "I feel renewed".  And I can honestly say that everything I have to share with you that has happened over the past two weeks is good news.

  • When greeted by my dad at the airport in Atlanta (who does not have the opportunity to read my blog that often), he immediately commented that he could tell that I had lost weight.  The last time I had seen him was in December.
  • While eating Chick-fil-A five out of nine days that I was in Atlanta, I remember the words of my friend, Don Williams of Georgia who also loves Chick-fil-A, that everything on the menu is under 500 calories.  And since I was only eating a main entree and not waffle fries or shakes, I didn't feel bad about indulging at my favorite fast food restaurant.
  • On Friday of my visit, I saw all of my closest college friends from Georgia Southern.  While I am confident that I either looked the same or larger to three of my friends who have not seen me in the last five years or more, my friend, Missy (who reads my bog daily), said she could tell a difference from when she saw me last year in August.  That was a huge boost for me because I actually weighed the same thing last August that I do now.   And what it is also, is a true testament that CrossFit is working and I am leaner today.  I know.  Some of you are probably thinking, "Well, if Missy reads your blog everyday Karen, then how do you know she just wasn't trying to be nice."  Well my friends, that is because Missy is the "tell it like it is" kinda girl.  If she doesn't mean it, she isn't going to say it.
  • My weekend was spent visiting my grandmother and my cousin, Jane and her daughters, in Alabama.  When I arrived at my grandmother's place in Birmingham, she looked at me and said, "You have never looked younger".  Yes, I have known my grandmother all of my life and have seen her on a regular basis throughout it.  However, I think her true meaning was that I looked younger than what she had remembered me looking like in a very long time.  This works out well for me since I still believe I look the same as I did when I was fifteen years old - blonde and no wrinkles.
  • Best news of the week came this past Thursday morning when I weighed for the first time in two weeks.  I was down two pounds!   Due to personal issues, I was not able to workout but two days while I was on my trip.  Since I also was sticking to my usual foods either, I was rather pleased by this number.
  • Thursday was also my first day back at CrossFit in twelve days.  While I have to admit that I way over did it and am still sore, hobbling around church tonight like I was a 95 year old woman, one of the guys that had not seen me in about two weeks commented that "each time he sees me, I have shrunk".
So now I am down to the last 30 days of my challenge.  I am not where I anticipated I would be at this point. However, I am more content now knowing that I have done my best and what I have accomplished so far has made a significant difference in my life.  My plan is to continue pressing hard through these final 30 days seeing how very far I can go - to shrink even more.  I expect to report the best things yet!!!

3 comments:

  1. I, for one, would love to see the blog continue after your 118 days are up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan on it Barbara. It has become a great accountability for me to write each night. Plus I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good, I really missed it when you were on vacation.

    ReplyDelete