Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Movie Kinda Weight Loss - 12 days left

It had to happen sometime.  And believe it or not, it has finally happened for me with 12 days remaining in my journey to lose 100 lbs in 118 days.  With all of the ups and downs I have seen on the scale each week when "Weigh Day" has rolled around, today I get to say that I have experienced the "movie kinda weight loss".

So what is the "movie kinda weight loss" exactly?  Well folks, it is the kinda of weight loss that happens very quickly.  It takes place with very little blood, sweat and tears in the interim before you finally see the overweight person transformed overnight on the screen to the slim, healthy, photo shopped looking kind of person that movies are made of.

Now before anyone gets too excited here, let me just say that I still have a long road ahead.  The reason it is the "movie kinda weight loss" in my book is because when I stepped on the scale this morning, 21 pounds had been lost since "weigh day" last week.  No people.  That was not a typo.  I really meant to say 21 pounds in one week, bringing my total weight loss from May 18 to 45 pounds!

One would think the story could not get any better.  Oh, but it does!

When I was in Georgia visiting my mom and dad at the beginning of August, my mom took me shopping to buy smaller clothes.  My mom purchased two shirts for me that I was able to start wearing at the time and two pairs of jeans in a smaller size than what I was currently wearing.  Since this evening was the open house at my boys school, I decided to pull out a pair of the new, skinnier jeans my mom had bought just to see if they might work.  I put them on and they were loose!!  I could pull the jeans out from my waist a full inch and in my thighs and legs there was also a good amount of room to spare.  I did wear them since they have not been washed and I know they will shrink.  However, the other jeans are going back to store to be exchanged for the next size smaller!

At long last, the blog post that seems to follow a script from Hollywood.  I know.  I know.  My week did contain some blood, sweat and tears to get to this great number which is rather anti-movie screen worthy.  However, if I would have written out the perfect week to share in my blog at the beginning of my journey 106 days ago, it would have been very close to the events of this week and would have been deemed by me the "movie kinda weight loss".
Psalm 30:5 (New King James) - For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning. 


WOD (Workout of the Day)

  • Kickboxing



2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh, YoU'rE MeLTinG!!!! hahaha So happy for your good news. I bet today feels pretty fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouragement Barbara. However, you need to read today's post too (9/1/11). Not quite the post I had in mind.

    ReplyDelete