Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Small Victories - 112 days left

Today my attitude was SO much better than yesterday about most everything!  I am happy to report I was a much more pleasant person to be around.  I am confident that everyone who came in contact with me was happy that I was more pleasant today as well.  I know I am only 7 days into my journey, but today it just seemed that so many things clicked for me.  I noticed some small victories today that brought me so much encouragement.

For the first time in a very long time, in fact longer than I can remember, I was able to clean up my entire living room and kitchen floors without feeling very tired and winded.  I also cleaned up both areas about twice as fast as I normally do.  And best of all, there was NO YELLING.  Usually, I have to enlist the help of my children to help me out because I have gotten so very tired out so very quickly.  And don't get me wrong, I am NOT against giving you kids chores and making them help out around the house.  However, in the past, I have gotten so very worn out and tired just in simple task around the house, I have ended up yelling at my kids to go faster helping me, just so I am done with it all.

When I picked up my 11 month old today to carry her upstairs for a diaper change I didn't become out of breath.  And because this task causes me to become breathless so often, many times I just ask one of the kids to bring me a diaper and wipes, so I can just change the baby on the couch.

As I did my workout videos today, I actually felt a little (not a lot, just a little) good.  I also was able to do each exercise far better than ever before.  And when I did a plank today, for the first time EVER I was able to do it with the correct amount of height off the floor.  I was still only able to do it for just 10 seconds (the video was asking me for 35 seconds) then take a short break and 10 more seconds, but I did it the BEST EVER!!!!

To folks that don't weigh as much as I do currently, some of these things might seem a little silly that it was even challenging to me to begin with.  Yet when you are a very large person just everyday task can bog you down and make so many regular things very difficult.  So many times I feel like there are a lot of things that I really want to do, but I have a hard time physically accomplishing.  As you can imagine, since a few "simple things" that have been hard for me in the past to do were so much easier today, it made me so very encouraged about what I am doing.  I never thought that I would physically feel so much change so fast.

Tomorrow morning is my first weigh in.  I am quite nervous about the scale reflecting only a pound of weight loss or worse nothing at all.  I am also going to my first social event tonight since I started all of this.  My HomeMakers leader (the small group that I am involved in with my church) is having all of us over to her house tonight.  There is ALWAYS so much yummy food!!  However, the good news is that I know that I am making progress even if the scale says zero weight loss tomorrow.  And so many of my wonderful friends from HomeMakers are supporting me that I am sure if one of them sees me with a huge tortilla chip in hand loaded down with guacamole, they will just knock that baby out of my hand. :)  Yeah for the small victories of today and for the huge victories of tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment