Friday, May 27, 2011

Now - 109 days left

As I woke up this morning to a very bright, sunshiny day in beautiful Minnesota, I ached.  Legs, arms, back, head.  It ALL ached.  How I wished for a Saturday similar to the ones I had soon after David and I got married where I could lie in the bed for as long as I wanted doing absolutely nothing all day.  No breakfast to make.  No baby to feed.  No kids to dress.  No exercise for the day.  Just me, myself and I in my own little world to rest and relax.


And at that moment this morning, precisely when I woke up, what would have gone so very nicely with my wishful thinking would have been the voice of Scarlett O'Hara speaking to me softly in her nice, southern voice saying "After all, tomorrow is another day".  Yes, in that part of the movie she lying on her beautiful, red carpeted stairs in her extravagant Atlanta mansion sobbing profusely because her beloved Rhett has just left her. Nevertheless, what a nice resolve "Tomorrow is another day".


Yet instead my mind went to Rocky III as Rocky wants to give up training for his rematch against Clubber Lang (aka Mr. T) who stole the title from Rocky earlier in the movie.  And instead of sweet Scarlett's voice bringing comfort to my sad, pitiful morning, the voice of Apollo Creed started shouting, "There is no tomorrow!  There is no tomorrow!" just as he had shouted at Rocky.


Yes.  Technically there is a tomorrow.  However, as Apollo inferred to Rocky that today was the day to get going.  Today is my day to keep going.  I have put off for tomorrow long enough with not feeling good enough physically or feeling like I needed a little while longer until everything was perfect or simply just not wanting to make the effort today, so I will wait until Monday.  And have you ever wondered what might have happened if Scarlett would have just gotten up off her nice carpet and went and got Rhett back right then?  Then we would not of had to suffer through Gone with the Wind Part 2!  2 Corinthians 6:2b (New American Standard Bible) Behold, now is “THE ACCEPTABLE TIME,” behold, now is “THE DAY OF SALVATION".  


Now is my time to exercise to my fullest.  Now is the time to eat right and just say no to Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream chips and Mello Yello.  Now is the time to make up my mind once and for all that I can do this.  Now!!  There is no tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment