Monday, January 2, 2012

Not Another Doomed Resolution

After a 109 day break and gaining back 10 of the pounds I worked so very hard to lose over the summer, I have returned with a new blog name and a renewed determination to finish what I started.  I am sure that as some just read that statement they are rolling their eyes.  Others are holding up both of their hands to form the letter "W" and mouthed the word "Whatever".  And perhaps a few of my most vocal followers just exclaimed, "Isn't weight loss the New Year's Resolution that everyone makes for themselves on January 1 and quit on January 2?".  However, despite what I have done or rather not done over the past 109 days, or what anyone thinks about me, I think it is more important to begin again than quit completely.

Will I make mistakes?  Yes!  Have I already had some on my first official day back?  Absolutely, some without even realizing it until later on.  Like this morning when I went to pull clothes out of my little girl's drawer and saw her Whoppers Christmas Stocking candy sitting there.  "Yum", I thought as I poured three of them out of the box and into my hand and then to my mouth thinking nothing about the empty calories I had just consumed.  In fact, I thought nothing of it at all until I was in my kitchen about five minutes after that making my baby a bottle.  I have grown so accustom to grabbing and shoving whatever, whenever into my mouth over the past few months, I didn't even realize the bad choice until after the fact!!!

Yet, I have also made some good choices today too.  I got up this morning and made it to my 6 a.m. CrossFit class for the first time since my kids went back to school in the fall.  I have made it to many of the evening classes.  However, going first thing in the morning and getting it behind me so nothing else gets in the way as my good friend, Julie Marier, told me to do is not something I have been putting into practice.  I had forgotten how good it feels to exercise in the morning and be energized throughout my day.

I am sure you can imagine that my restart today means a new list of goals.  And you would be right.  Don't get me wrong.  I believe that New Year's Resolutions are great.  However, I am not calling them "resolutions" because when these goals are met I will make new ones and if I fail at one or more, I don't plan on waiting until January 1, 2013 to start again.  So here you go, the moment you have been waiting for!

2012 Goals
  • Blog Monday thru Friday because I have found without Blogging I have no accountability and pay little to no attention to what I am doing.
  • Attend CrossFit and/or Kick Boxing classes four or more times per week.
  • Eliminate all of the "junk" from my diet (you thought I was going to say " from my trunk" didn't you) e.g. Cokes (or pop for all my northern friends), chips, cookies, crackers, candy, etc.  For the most part, I know longer eat bread.  However, my maiden name is Wheat, so I am not sure if it is in my blood to give up all breads completely.
  • Be aggressive enough in my diet and exercise to lose 100 lbs or more.  I know that I won't be a size 2 or size 4 for that matter by the end of the year.  However, I plan to be maximum of a size 14.  And for me, that is a whole lot better than where I am sitting today at a size 22.
  • Be able to wear my wedding ring again!  That has not happened since 2005!!!
  • Be small enough to ride on one of the roller coasters with my son at Mall of America.
  • Not be totally embarrashed to wear a swim suit out in public and go swimming with my kids.
I realize that I am not perfect and I will not do everything right everyday.  However, I will do my best everyday.  And that is why I am back now - to not quit but to continue to move forward.  If you don't quit, you win!

Philippians 4:8 (The Message) - Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse.

No comments:

Post a Comment