Will I make mistakes? Yes! Have I already had some on my first official day back? Absolutely, some without even realizing it until later on. Like this morning when I went to pull clothes out of my little girl's drawer and saw her Whoppers Christmas Stocking candy sitting there. "Yum", I thought as I poured three of them out of the box and into my hand and then to my mouth thinking nothing about the empty calories I had just consumed. In fact, I thought nothing of it at all until I was in my kitchen about five minutes after that making my baby a bottle. I have grown so accustom to grabbing and shoving whatever, whenever into my mouth over the past few months, I didn't even realize the bad choice until after the fact!!!
Yet, I have also made some good choices today too. I got up this morning and made it to my 6 a.m. CrossFit class for the first time since my kids went back to school in the fall. I have made it to many of the evening classes. However, going first thing in the morning and getting it behind me so nothing else gets in the way as my good friend, Julie Marier, told me to do is not something I have been putting into practice. I had forgotten how good it feels to exercise in the morning and be energized throughout my day.
I am sure you can imagine that my restart today means a new list of goals. And you would be right. Don't get me wrong. I believe that New Year's Resolutions are great. However, I am not calling them "resolutions" because when these goals are met I will make new ones and if I fail at one or more, I don't plan on waiting until January 1, 2013 to start again. So here you go, the moment you have been waiting for!
- Blog Monday thru Friday because I have found without Blogging I have no accountability and pay little to no attention to what I am doing.
- Attend CrossFit and/or Kick Boxing classes four or more times per week.
- Eliminate all of the "junk" from my diet (you thought I was going to say " from my trunk" didn't you) e.g. Cokes (or pop for all my northern friends), chips, cookies, crackers, candy, etc. For the most part, I know longer eat bread. However, my maiden name is Wheat, so I am not sure if it is in my blood to give up all breads completely.
- Be aggressive enough in my diet and exercise to lose 100 lbs or more. I know that I won't be a size 2 or size 4 for that matter by the end of the year. However, I plan to be maximum of a size 14. And for me, that is a whole lot better than where I am sitting today at a size 22.
- Be able to wear my wedding ring again! That has not happened since 2005!!!
- Be small enough to ride on one of the roller coasters with my son at Mall of America.
- Not be totally embarrashed to wear a swim suit out in public and go swimming with my kids.
Philippians 4:8 (The Message) - Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse.