Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Game of Life

As some of you may have noticed, no blogging on Monday.  No blogging on Tuesday.  You may also remember that blogging daily was one of the "goals" listed just last week and already that one seems to be falling to the wayside just as CrossFit has not happened four days per week as I had planned either.

What is my problem?  Well, if I were to list all of the circumstances that have gotten in my way this last week, you would probably find the list was similar to things that happen on a regular basis in other peoples lives.  Other people, who like me, are trying there best to do better, make healthy changes for themselves or meet goals that they set out to do in this new year.

So instead of whining and crying and carrying on about my four kids and what happened this week with them or telling you all about the trials of being a one car family or reiterating all of life's problems that have gotten in my way again, I will spare you.  After all, millions of people have kids.  Many people do just fine only having one car.  Some do just fine having no car at all.  And all of us have challenges and circumstances that face us everyday.

What I will tell you is that today, I am happy.  I am happy that I am getting to write my blog for the first time this week and didn't have to wait another day.  Happy that I am starting to take notice again about what I am eating and making better choices daily.  Happy that I have so many friends that care about me and cheer me on daily, even when I don't make me goals. 

Yes, there are still times during the day and week that I am not my best and I have a rotten attitude.  I have had two people in the last week talk about watching the The Biggest Loser and both times I have cringed and resented all of the whiners they choose for the show instead of choosing a non-whiner like me.  "Why not me?!?", I would think sometimes to myself and other times outloud.  I wouldn't cry and complain about all of the things to better myself they would want me to do.  I would get up everyday happy to be there and have the opportunity to get healthy and in shape without having to deal with four screaming children, one car, a sick husband and the nine million other things thrown my way each day that get in the way of my goals.  Yet instead, I get the "priviledge" of dealing with all of my at home challenges and no "ranch" to rescue me from the game of life.  And incase I wasn't clear in all of what I just said, no, I am not watching The Biggest Loser this season.

So as you can see, moments of negativity and pouting.  However, overall I am moving on.  There is nothing I can do about not being chosen for The Biggest Loser and missing out on that opportunity.  I did what I could do to get on the show and that is all I am responsible for.  And since I wasn't chosen, I am now responsible for figuring out how to get healthy and in shape on my own at home.

I know that I can do that.  Probably not in twelve weeks like the contestants on the show, but I can do it.  Other people have done it.  Just like other people have four kids are a one car family and deal with many of life's problems on a daily basis.  And fotunately for me, God does not show favoritism (Romans 2:11, New Living Translation).  What He has done for others, He will do for me too. 

So here I go, keeping on, trying to meet my goals daily.  Will I be back again tomorrow to blog?  I plan too.  Is CrossFit in my future?  Absolutely.  However, if life gets in the way and things don't turn out how I planned, I won't give up, but for look for the next opportunity I have to succeed.

Proverbs 15:22 (The Message) - Refuse good advice and watch your plans fail; take good counsel and watch them succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment