Friday, September 2, 2011

Gain vs. Loss - 10 days left

After reading yesterday's post, one of my friend's shared with me something that a friend had communicated to him a few days ago.  He said, "The main idea is health 'gain', not weight 'loss'.  So in other words, think on what you are gaining and not what you are losing!".  And since it is always wise to follow good advice, I did.

  • A better attitude about most everything and much happier overall, no matter my circumstances
  • Slim to none occurrences of shortness of breath, unless, of course I am at CrossFit.
  • Energy.  I am no longer drained physically all the time.
  • Enjoy spending time with my children more because I am able to interact with them better
  • Sleep so much better at night and rarely need a nap
  • Smaller clothes and can now fit my feet into normal width tennis shoes and lace them up
  • Improved routine and the ability to complete more task throughout my day
  • No pain when I walk up and down the stairs
  • Can now wear the seat belt on the airplane without the seat belt extender
  • Can fit one of my pretty rings on my finger that I was no longer able to wear three months ago - still need to lose about 30 more pounds to be able to wear my wedding band
  • No more heart palpitations
  • When I go to church, I don't have to worry about finding a seat that is big enough.  (Our seats at church are similar to movie theater seats and vary in width, or at least they seem to vary in width.)
  • The gap between my body and the steering wheel has increased to three inches.
  • I am still a bed hog and tend to sleep toward the middle of the bed, but my husband now has more room to relax. 
  • When I go shopping and have to carry my one year old because she is screaming at the top of her lungs, like today, my back no longer hurts.
  • No longer crave unhealthy snack foods.  Before it was almost unbearable as though I had to have it.
  • Even though I am still a big girl, I know longer FEEL like a big girl!!!

And after reflecting on all of these great things that I have gained over the last three months, I can now see that it is so much more than that tiny, little number on the scale I hope to see change each week.  My life has changed.  I am no longer the same person I was just 90 days ago.  I have gained so much more than I have lost!
Proverbs 3:13-14 (Amplified) - Happy (blessed, fortunate, enviable) is the man who finds skillful and godly Wisdom, and the man who gets understanding [drawing it forth from God's Word and life's experiences], For the gaining of it is better than the gaining of silver, and the profit of it better than fine gold.


WOD (Workout of the Day)

  • Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment